Become A Member
Thank you for considering joining Watertown Fire Department. Being a firefighter is a challenging but highly rewarding position. Although you will spend a large amount of time training for all the various jobs we perform there is no better feeling than knowing you have helped others when they need it the most.
Hard work is not the only part of being a firefighter. We have many other activities throughout the year that members may participate in. clambake, and parades. It’s a great place to meet new friends while participating in a traditional volunteer occupation.
Any Watertown or Oakville resident wishing to become a member of the Watertown Fire Department must, at the time of application, meet the following requirements:
1. Must be a minimum age of 18.
2. Must have a valid driver’s license.
3. Must be a citizen of the United States or be a permanent resident with a valid U.S. permanent residency card.
4. Must have a High School diploma or its equivalent.
5. Must be able to pass a physical exam and drug screening given by the Department’s physician.
All applicants’ names go before an investigating committee. References are checked and their criminal history is checked. The names are presented to the full membership and then voted upon by the active members present at that meeting.
When you return the completed application you must also submit a copy of your high school diploma or equivalent, a copy of your driver’s license, and a copy of your Social Security card.
If you have any questions please contact us at (860)945-5220 or stop in our Main Street firehouse.
David Bromley, Chief