1) Residents may purchase a Transfer Station permit** at the cost of $20.00 for the calendar year that expires in December of the year purchased. The fee schedule for disposing of waste at the Transfer Station can be found here: Transfer Station Fee Schedule **Please note that residents must provide a proof of Watertown residency to purchase a permit. Permits are not available to landlords and/or business owners unless their residence is in Watertown. Businesses are prohibited from using the Transfer Station for disposing of commercial waste.
2) Residents and business owners can contact a private company for waste pick up at their own expense. Cost varies by business.
The current companies permitted to serve Watertown residents are linked below (in alphabetical order):
Solid Waste Hauler Permitting
All businesses picking up waste from Watertown residents are required to obtain a permit from Public Works. A link to the application and requirements can be found below:
- Solid Waste Permit Application: Click here for fillable pdf version
- Certificate of Insurance naming the Town of Watertown Additional Insured
- Certificate of Good Standing with Connecticut Secretary Of State
- Name of Recycling Facility Used
- Notarized list of Violations, Notices or Suspensions in the last ten years
- Evidence of Liability Insurance on all vehicles
- List of Municipalities within which business operates
- All vehicles shall have business name, address and telephone number clearly marked
- $150.00 Permit Fee
- 7 day written notice required in the event of sale and/or transfer of business